RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
drkngl417

Advice Please As I Am New To Digital Art

drkngl417

I am a tattoo artist looking to increase my workflow.  I have always done art on paper then did my scans then print then stencil then, then, then, always a long process.  I just started to play around with digital art (purchased a Wacom Intuos) and found Clip Studio Paint.  Love both.  Finding that this digital will speed up my process greatly.  The only draw back I have is taking my laptop and tablet with me every where for just a quick sketch I have to set everything up.  Started looking into Surface pro X but finding way out of budget. I want something that I can do a quick sketch right there in front of client, then refine and print.  Can someone give me advice on a portable that will run Clip Studio Paint and have the abilty to print from USB. My shop printer is unable to do wifi or bluetooth print. Just looking for something small and portable and can use a fine point stylus like the Bamboo Feel Carbon. Thank you all for your help. 

I forgot to add I use Vector magic and Inkscape as well that would also need to run this machine.

SurfaceProArtist

There are plenty of options for you to consider. Take a look at my review section http://surfaceproartist.com/reviews-1/ In 2016 I've focused on many low cost devices that all run Clip Studio Paint well. I'm not familiar with the other two applications you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by surfaceproartist

drkngl417

Thank you. I looked over all your reviews and there are so many options to choose from. I am thinking a surface pro or surface pro 2 with a bamboo feel stylus. Possibly a dell venue 10 pro with bamboo feel. Not sure yet.

SurfaceProArtist

What's your budget? Unless it's extremely low, I wouldn't advise going with such old hardware. The Dell Venue 10 requires an Active Pen like the Bamboo Smart for tablets. The Bamboo Feel is a passive (no battery) pen that only works with devices with Wacom EMR digitizers.

drkngl417

My budget is 400.00. That will be for tablet and pen.

SurfaceProArtist

Ok, that is tight. The Surface Pro 2 with Bamboo Feel is probably your best option. Among new tablets, there are a couple of Chinese tablets from Cube and Chuwi that have larger screens, but they have very little RAM. Everything else is at least a $300 more.

Since you're buying used, try to find at least an i5, 8 GB/256 GB Surface Pro 2. Good luck with your hunt!

drkngl417

Thank you for your help. May save a few more bucks and just get a surface 3.

SurfaceProArtist

It's your call, but a Surface Pro 2 will run circles around the Surface 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drkngl417

Ment surface pro 3. Lol Thank you for your help.

• Like 1