RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
schoondoggy

Microsoft Sells Feature Phones

thelilgeek

Feature phones only... NOT Lumia

callihan44

over at windows central they are pretty much having memorial services for wp, with a few hardcore holdouts hoping the oems produce something worth buying. I still have a 950 and it's "ok" but nothing really to brag about. Unfortunately for me though I may end up stuck on android/samsung later on or god forbid an iphone as nothing else remotely interests me

schoondoggy

Development on Windows 10 Mobile is focused on the enterprise, but I don't think that will save it. As more Enterprise IT shops are deploying custom apps, the Windows 10 Mobile platform with Universal Apps is a great fit. That said Enterprise users still need access to FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, SalesForce and many other off the shelf apps. Continuum is interesting, but I don't think it will have a broad enough user group. There could be a good fit with embedded systems. A doctor making rounds at the hospital with a tablet that only has hospital apps. Continuum may have a play there as well. 

I have to assume the Windows 10 Mobile development is somewhat intertwined with Windows IoT.

WolfJT

I've been saying for a while that WP is at the end of the rope, all the while getting lambasted by some people on this site. This is only more confirmation that WP is not going to make it. I hate to see it, I love it but I had to go to Android a couple months ago. It's sad to see the state of the platform.

callihan44

I've been saying for a while that WP is at the end of the rope, all the while getting lambasted by some people on this site. This is only more confirmation that WP is not going to make it. I hate to see it, I love it but I had to go to Android a couple months ago. It's sad to see the state of the platform.

It seems like MS has a mentality that the product should speak for itself and no other effort to push it in the market is necessary... sorry but the other phone companies are churning multiple new phones out yearly, not taking a year or so break with no new phones in the store

• Like 1

WolfJT

It seems like MS has a mentality that the product should speak for itself and no other effort to push it in the market is necessary... sorry but the other phone companies are churning multiple new phones out yearly, not taking a year or so break with no new phones in the store

You know, you hit on something. That's the feeling I get with the Microsoft Band as well. It's an awesome device yet no marketing behind it. Whenever people see it on my wrist they call it a fitbit. No knows MS even makes a wearable. It's crazy if you ask me.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Edited by WolfJT
  • Like 1

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Microsoft is the posterboard for Marketing Failure!

• Like 1