RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
esw22

Cracked My Pro 3, Is There Any Hope?

esw22

So yesterday i dropped my surface on tile flooring. When i picked it up i just clicked the home button to see if it still turned on, it did. However when i got home later i noticed it had a huge hair line crack. When i turned it back on , it sent me to my lock screen and the screen was completely unresponsive. i called microsoft didnt have the warranty so im stuck. i was wondering if i could just buy a case with a keyboard, but i know it may require bluetooth which i cant get to because im on the lock screen. I'm making a last ditch effort is it worth it? 

thelilgeek

Or, you could buy the surface keyboard.

Dave

I would take it to a store and test a keyboard with it first.  Sometimes those cracks can put pressure on the touch sensative screen and the system thinks input is constantly on the touchscreen.  It can be a mess.

esw22

So there is some kind of hope

schoondoggy

Have you tried plugging in a USB keyboard?

esw22

No I havent,but I will

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Karlos
      By Karlos
      Im not sure really where to go and was hoping for some help on pricing if its allowed here.
      i have a gen8 HP proliant micro server. im looking at selling it for a few reasons. i need the money for kids medical bills, and i was under utilising its capabilities, so therefore it was overkill for what i needed. ive had a look an completed listings on ebay and with such a big range in pricing,  im hoping some people here that live and breathe these machines could give me some advice.
      ive removed the celeron it had when i bought it and it is now running a Xeon E3-1265L V2
      16GB RAM (Kingston KTH-PL316E/8G)
      has a AMD 6450(from memory) GPU. (was able to out put video from my windows 10 HTPC VM to my TV)
      8GB USB drive internally for ESXi 6
      a Seagate Barracuda 3TB
      a WD Red 2TB
      and Kingston SSDnow V+ 120GB SSD
      i had one of the drives setup as storage for server 2012 VM
      the other as storage for the windows 10 HTPC
      and the SSD to have the OS Partitions as well as SOPHOS firewall.
      it didnt get a tonne of usage and has been out of commission for over a year now.
      ive recently fired it all back up and cleaned the VMS out and formatted the drives with 7x pass drive eraser.

can anyone give me some help with a value or price point on this thing?

thanks in advance.
    • sosnow
      By sosnow
      Hello,
      My company wanted to try out the SP in our business environment so I volunteered.  I have been using a SP fro about 2 months and really love the device. My company has now decided to make a bigger commitment and is rolling out SP2s.
      My question is how do I transfer my apps and contents to my new device.  I understand the contents on SkyDrive will not be an issue, but what about the contents installed on the local device.

Thanks in advance
    • imandidontknowwhattodo
      By imandidontknowwhattodo
      I just updated my surface to windows 8.1 and I can no long stream videos from Xbox video app all it says is can't. Play either windows doesn't support the items file format or the content doesn't match the extension in the file name. Been looking for answers not really sure what to do to fix it just thinking about going back to windows 8
    • JoshWorthy
      By JoshWorthy
      Hello fellow surface artists,

I just purchased a new surface pro 1. (yes I know, shoulda waited for the SP3 in 3 weeks, or at least got a SP2 that already has 8.1)

So when I first set my device up I see that I have something like 96 updates that need to download and install before I can get the 8.1 update. My surface will download these updates just fine and then it will prompt me to restart so it can install and configure the updates.

When it restarts it will install the updates and then it begins to configure the updates and it goes to 100% just fine but when it reaches 100% of the configuration step it gives me an error that says "configuration failed reverting back to previous configuration", or something very similar to that.
      (It basically puts me back to square one, me needing 96 updates.)

I know this isn't a tech-support forum, but I had to ask if anyone has been through this? I have been all over the net to no avail. Even the nice folks at Microsoft customer support are scratching their heads. So, I thought I would check with my new favorite community of people  so I can get updated and on to learning how to Photoshop.

Thanks in advance!