RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Refurbished Or Not?

andypdm

Hello everybody!

I have a Surface Pro 4 i7 with 512GB which was very expensive! After a couple of months I have noticed that sometimes when I put it to sleep it won't wake up and I have to reset the whole thing. I love the device and use it a lot, and I twitted Microsoft and they contacted me and say that I have to replace it... I am OK with that but I live in UK and the service is from USA, they say they do not have my device and have to send me a refurbished one, on the other hand I can see the UK store has my model. 

My question is, what do you guys think of refurbished devices? Does it affect the performance? I am not too annoyed about the issue, I just do not put it to sleep anymore, but on the other hand it is annoying that a new and expensive item does not work properly. What would you guys do? I mostly use my Surface to draw with Illustrator and Photoshop... 

I would appreciate any short of advice and help!

Thank you very much!

personally i am ocd when it comes to refurb devices, luckily I havent had to deal with that scenerio. I think the refurbs have been gone over with a fine tooth comb so they may be fine, if it were me I would probably hunt down the issue if it bothered me that much or just forget the sleep mode  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a surface book that had plenty of issues when I first got it the first week the book came out.  My experience is a little different but...  When I first got the device, it had several issues. Sleep never worked well.  Many months and updates have come and gone.  But, the sleep issue as well as many of the other issues didn't completely clear up until I did a complete reinstall and update.  Now most issues are gone. I still don't like how the Sleep mode works with windows hello. Not sure if I ever will but, I guess that's the nature of windows hello.  In the past, I had a lot of "hot bag" issue with sleep. However, it has recently improved.  My preference it to just shut down the machine if I'm going somewhere.