RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
GByOBRRLZG

Which To Buy- A Surface Pro 4 I3 Entry Level Vs A Surface Pro 4 I5 With 8Gb Of Ram

GByOBRRLZG

Anyone have recommendations and opinions on the entry level Surface Pro 4 with the i3 processor and 4gb of ram? 

I plan on using the surface as a remote work pc that would connect to a monitor keyboard and mouse and then be used for email and remote desktop to work.

Does the surface pro 4 with 4GB or ram every get bogged down with it windows store apps and mail?  or even windows updates?

If I don't really need the disk drive space is it worth paying for the Surface Pro 4 i5 with 8gb of ram just to get the ram?

callihan44

sounds like you have very basic needs, the I-3 would get the job done....photoshop or any other program would benefit from more ram and processor .

TonyHunt

I think it should work fine with i3 and 4 gb.

But if you want to use a browser and office apps along with your remote desktop, go for I5 8 gig.

I would suggest i5 8gb for one more reason, with the number of features getting added to the anniversary update.

GByOBRRLZG

I tested the 4gb surface pro 4 at the store.  my word, this device is very responsive.  It is so much faster than the surface 3.  At rest the Surface pro 4 was using about 2GB or ram.  I opened about 12 store apps and I got it to utilize about 3.9GB.  There was never any lag.  I think it would be sufficient.  However, since there is the option to get the 8gb I think I would go that route.