RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
wilt

Class Action Suit Against Microsoft For Surface Rt Owners

wilt

My Surface RT is a piece of ****.  I am looking for people who have the RT to join a suit against the company since they refuse to offer any kind of repair and want you to pay $450 to have your unit replace by a Surface 3 (which retails for $499 currently).  I believe Microsoft knows a problem existed with the RT and refuses to acknowledge.

Who wants to join me?

Dave

I really don't want to feed into this conversation....BUT, when did you purchase the RT tablet?  Manufacturers discontinue gear.  It happens.  Every once in a while us tech folks that buy this stuff are going to be faced with this.  Nobody is immune to it whether you buy from HP, Microsoft, Apple, etc.  

Think of the evolution of Surface.  RT to SP4. That is a lot of devices.  They can't keep repair facility for every device forever. Yes, Zune owner, you too.  It happens.  Keep the conversation clean and calm and we can discuss.  

• Like 1

schoondoggy

What issue are you having with your RT?

Dave

What issue are you having with your RT?

Are you suggesting magic power button time?  ;)

• Like 1

schoondoggy

Are you suggesting magic power button time? ;)

Perhaps,,,,,

WolfJT

My original RT still works. I don't use it but.... I completely agree, tech gear especially consumer grade is end of life pretty quickly. No need for a law suit.

• Like 1

callihan44

I suppose a lot of rt owners have moved on to something newer, heck a used rt on ebay is going for $90-150. I personally don't keep a tablet or phone for that matter very long so I wouldn't waste my time with a suit, if I have a phone or tablet for over a year it's a miracle.

• Like 1

pfinter

I think the biggest complaint was that I spent $600+ on the 64GB version. I really liked the form factor and the keyboard and how M$ took care of me when the original keyboard died. Overall I was happy if somewhat underwhelmed with it's performance.  However, it did what I needed it to do which was browser, Office.  I ended it selling it last year to a friend who only does online shopping. I assume he is still using it. I replaced it with a Nokia 2520.   I really enjoyed the always connected nature of the device.  It performed better than the RT.  However, build quality and a crappy keyboard relegated to my daughter who uses it to write her school papers on with a Bluetooth M$ keyboard. Sometimes I catch her watching videos on it but alas, it was replaced with her Samsung S6 phone for that option.  But, it's still a good Office tablet. 

• Like 1

poty2g

I own 2 Surface RTs. I bought a Surface 3 for Windows 10. I too was worried about the RT going away, but it looks like support for it will last as long as Microsoft supports Windows 8.1.