RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
james09

Case For Surface Pro 4

james09

My main reason for purchasing a surface pro 4 is portability.  It is small and light, and I plan on taking it everywhere.  The question is what type of case should I purchase?  For my old laptop (may it rest in peace), I had a backpack and a sleeve.  I would like to go with something for the surface pro 4 that does not take away from its lightness, portability and convenience.  Suggestions?

cskenney

This is really a personal preference.  Do you want to get away from carrying a backpack?  Do you carry anything else in the backpack that you still need to carry?

Dave

I tested a couple of Urban Armour Gear cases and they are massive.  Personally, I don't like cases on Surface. Too bulky.  Get a sleeve, a nice back pack, and don't drop it!

• Like 1

callihan44

i agree, forget the case unless you are prone to breaking tablets. My surface pro travels everywhere, work, traveling, camping lol...I just have a sleeve and sometimes the only thing protecting it is the keyboard

james09

This is really a personal preference.  Do you want to get away from carrying a backpack?  Do you carry anything else in the backpack that you still need to carry?

Thank you for the question.  Things have changed a great deal since I first starting filling my backpack with "stuff" I might need while away from the home.  Cables, surge protectors etc. are not really necessary now.  I am going to go through my back pack and see what I am carrying that is no longer needed.  I will make a choice from there.  However off the top of my head, it looks like the backpack will be a lot lighter, and I will just need a sleeve to protect the surface pro 4. 

I tested a couple of Urban Armour Gear cases and they are massive.  Personally, I don't like cases on Surface. Too bulky.  Get a sleeve, a nice back pack, and don't drop it!

Thank you.  I have a protective case on my nexus 7 tablet, and due to its weight, I have considered taking it many times.  My backpack itself and a sleeve should be enough protection.

i agree, forget the case unless you are prone to breaking tablets. My surface pro travels everywhere, work, traveling, camping lol...I just have a sleeve and sometimes the only thing protecting it is the keyboard

Thank you.  While I am not super coordinated, it does seem like a case with any type of weight or bulk defeats the purpose of the surface pro 4.

• Like 1