RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
RKoch3196

Some Idea To Win Space

RKoch3196

Hi i need some help, a year ago i buy a Surface pro 3, all ok until now, the only problem is the small hard drive capacity only 64Gb, in addition i'm studying system engineering  and i dont want to damage the system with the tools to code, my idea is install a windows 10 in a external hdd and boot it, i have already installed Windows in the external hdd, and open the UEFI options but i can't make boot the OS, in other forums i read that the Surface only boot fat32 disks but Windows need a ntfs format what can i do? Thanks in advance  :).

Edited by RKoch3196

callihan44

this seems like more trouble than it's worth, I would just leave things as is and do a backup if your worried about damaging something otherwise , if your out of space why not just install the program on a microsd card? Ive actually installed programs on the surface pro and later moved the install folder to the microsd card to save space. 

WolfJT

You can try compressing the C drive, that will free up some space. I have my Pro 3 compressed and it runs just fine and it opens up a lot of space on the drive.

• Like 1