RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
gldnyrs58

Surface Rt Dead

gldnyrs58

I have a surface RT I woke up with a red x on fhe battery icon. Microsoft told me if I could power it on we could fix that but since I can't because the battery is dead I can mail it back and they will replace it for $320. They don't repair or replace the battery. Really disappointed.They said my warranty was up 7/2015. Any suggestions

callihan44

will the battery charge up? Next question would be is it worth $320 to send it back for another one? My guess is you could get a better price for a used one on ebay, just checked and saw a 64gb sitting at $110 with less than 10min left on the auction.

gldnyrs58

Microsoft said the device isn't recognizing the battery. I don't know another way to get a charge to the battery

schoondoggy

Either on ebay.com or Cowboom.com Surface Rt or Surface 2 64Gb are usually under $150. 

gldnyrs58

I got one on ebay just really upsets me this is so fixable and all Microsoft sees is a couple more dollars

schoondoggy

I have not used batteries from these folks, but the video is fairly detailed:

gldnyrs58

I watched the you tube video on newpower99.com for the battery replacement kit for the surface rt. It costs 59.99 +shipping which is very reasonable. I will post as soon as I receive the kit and install the battery.

• Like 2