RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
WaynetheITGuy

Cortana Notification

WaynetheITGuy

I have a problem with my 920.  Yeah I know I should update but that's another story.

The notifications for Cortana about when to leave seems to work great for me except my notification to leave for work.

I have a Calendar entry set for 6 am - 3 am with my work address.

My phone is configured to have quiet hours from 9 pm - 3:30 pm.

I get a notification but it seems to be consistently 1 hr late.

So I setup an additional entry and move it back 1 hr.  It still notifies me at the same time

Any ideas (besides get a new phone)? 

I have  Windows Phone 8.1 installed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Al_Borges
      By Al_Borges
      Been on Project Fi for almost 2 years  --   really like the service and price.   
      Coverage all across the country has been excellent.  Even my occasional trips into Canada

What I like about it most is the low cost consistent pricing -  I just don't worry about my cell coverage , regardless of where I am 

Been Trying to get my daughter on my project Fi "family plan"  the holdup has been the availability of lower cost phones

They discontinued the medium cost   LG Nexus 5X phone and the only phones available have been the  $700 plus  Pixel phones

Well, last month they announced the "Moto X4 Android One"  phone available  on Project FI and I just got it the past week.

The 32 gig model was $400 bucks -  about the same price as the LG Nexus 5x at launch.    

( I really missed the boat when I didn't pick up extra 5X's  when google was selling them for 199 bucks!!!)

anyway -   there are several project Fi  users on the this forum and I thought I'd pass along my impressions

Solid Phone -    About the same size and feature set of the phone it replaces ( Nexus 5x)    

Plus's   -   

Gorgeous  OLED Screen
      Micro SD Capable -   can use high speed cards as system memory or portable storage
      Dual Camera lenses -    both a standard and a "wide" angle lens are built in. 
      3 gig of memory -    runs fast and smooth.

Minus's 
      Front mounted Fingerprint Sensor.     I really liked the rear mounted finger print sensor on my 5X.    However after a couple of days use, I have gotten used to having the sensor on the front, but still believe that the rear mounted sensor is preferable

Slick, slippery  -   the slightly curved, metallic body  falls out of  your hand or pocket effortlessly.     I won't be using this with a protective, rubbery case.  First phone I've ever considered getting a "protection plan" for.      I know I will drop it   

Lack of accessories -    You shouldn't expect the same ecosystem as the Iphone or Samsung phones -   but at least the Nexus line had some support.     Google doesn't even offer a case for it on its store.     A handful of 3rd party  accessories are available on Amazon.

Anyway,  if you where considering Project Fi, but didnt want to spend  $700-$800 bucks or more on a phone -   you now have something to consider. 

• IndyLux
      By IndyLux
      I guess there is no reason why this would not have worked, but I can confirm that the Surface RT USB port can charge a cell phone (Lumia 900) while running on battery. Nice when you need it.

I suppose it could charge/power any USB device.
    • kylejwx
      By kylejwx
      Simply register your phone number(s) and email at www.bestbuy.com/giftcardreserve by this Saturday (2-9-2013).  When you purchase your phone at Best Buy anytime in the year 2013 you will automatically receive a $50 Best Buy gift card applicable towards the cost of your phone or anything else at Best Buy.   You can do this with 5 phone numbers, so it could save you up to $250.

Full Disclosure: I work for Best Buy, but I am posting this as a member of the Surface Geeks community because I feel that it is a fantastic deal. If this is not the appropriate place for this, let me know and I will take it down.

• cskenney
      By cskenney
      We only have 2 cell phones currently in our house that are off contract with Verizon.

I have been looking at the Verizon Edge program especially after reading this blog post by Kyle Wilcox.

I have a few questions (of course).

1. I currently get a corporate discount.  Does this apply to the Edge program?  What portion gets discounted?
      2. Once you have paid off the phone (or phones) in the Edge program are you still getting the per line discount?  Today I am off contract but I pay the same price as if I was paying for subsidized phone.

I am trying to see the downside to the Edge program.  If I go with a standard subsidized plan I am paying an additional $300 vs the same time period with Edge.  But after the 2 years it appears the discounted lines of the Edge program will keep saving me more money than the subsidized programs.

Thoughts?