RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
jazzvb

Import Music In Music Onto Rt

jazzvb

Hello,

I cant get my music to appear in the Music app on the RT. I have copied the music from a seperate hard disk onto the RT and placed it in the Music folder. But how do I import it in the Music app? I put a few seperate songs in the Music folder which seems to work, but all my songs are categorized in their own (band/singer) folders. So I was hoping that it was possible to drag a folder(s) into the Music app, however this doesnt do anything.

Can anyone tell me how this is done?

Thanks,

Jazz

WolfJT

Do you have albums located in sub folders? I would try grabbing one album and just placing it directly into the music folder and then see if it shows up in the music app

jazzvb

Hey WolfJT, I have tried that. In my own (self created) 'Music' folder are sub folders located of the artists. When I drag a sub folder (e.g. The Beatles) to the standard 'Music' folder of the RT, it remains a sub folder in that folder, and nothing happens.

pfinter

I thought you had to force the system to update the music library?

• Like 1

WolfJT

Good point Pfinter, I think I remember having to do that with my RT

jazzvb

pfinter, how do I do that? And what is the effect of doing that?

jazzvb

The RT is completely new to me, I have no idea how to force the system to update the music library. Could you please explain how to do this?

pfinter

I'll take a look at my RT device when I get home. I actually stored music on my microSD card and configured the device to store all my music on the microSD card instead of the RT devices built in storage (my device has 32gb so it is limited).

jazzvb

That could be an option. So you put an microSD card into the RT, connected the RT to your storage (external disk with your music?) and copied the music to the microSD card? Correct me if I am wring he... : )

pfinter

That could be an option. So you put an microSD card into the RT, connected the RT to your storage (external disk with your music?) and copied the music to the microSD card? Correct me if I am wring he... : )

Yes.  You would then have the XBox music discover the music on the microSD.  You can also setup the XBox music to store music on the microSD instead of the internal storage.  This should be documented on the web.  I apologize for not having the time to look up the settings for you. However, it's fairly easy once you've done it. B)