RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Surface Pro 4 Review

callihan44

https://youtu.be/-jGSOX2-G6M

a fair review, says sp4 I-5 is the device to buy even over surface book. From the reviews Ive read the I-5 may actually be the best version surface pro. Throttling is less of an issue now with some of the benchmarks ive seen and is definitely a boost over sp3 I-5. The keyboard looks to be a total win imo. Im 90% sure Im headed the surface pro route but when surface book 2 comes out that will probably change in the future.

• Like 1

https://youtu.be/-jGSOX2-G6M

a fair review, says sp4 I-5 is the device to buy even over surface book. From the reviews Ive read the I-5 may actually be the best version surface pro. Throttling is less of an issue now with some of the benchmarks ive seen and is definitely a boost over sp3 I-5. The keyboard looks to be a total win imo. Im 90% sure Im headed the surface pro route but when surface book 2 comes out that will probably change in the future.

I hope I made the right decision to jump on the Surface Book bandwagon. I had planned on Surface Pro 4 originally. But got caught up in the Book hype.  I always have buyers remorse when I buy something.  Wish me luck and hope for Book to be a great success!

• Like 1

I hope I made the right decision to jump on the Surface Book bandwagon. I had planned on Surface Pro 4 originally. But got caught up in the Book hype.  I always have buyers remorse when I buy something.  Wish me luck and hope for Book to be a great success!

I think the surface book looks awesome and I think the typing experience will be better than sp4 and longer battery life. I think you will like it , it looks to be well built . For me I'm willing to wait for a few refinement tweaks as I can see (based on reaction) that surface book definitely has a future.

I think the surface book looks awesome and I think the typing experience will be better than sp4 and longer battery life. I think you will like it , it looks to be well built . For me I'm willing to wait for a few refinement tweaks as I can see (based on reaction) that surface book definitely has a future.

I got the opportunity to try the SP4 at my local Best Buy store.  The keyboard is very much improved over the SP3 keyboard. Key travel is noticeably farther and the trackpad is much nicer than my HP elitebook that I use for work. The keyboard still has a bit of bounce when typing on it. But, I'm a heavy typer (goes to the fact that I generally have an old school PS2 style keyboard that I rescued from the recycle pile for my docking station at work.) I didn't think I would care if the windows button on the bezel was missing. But, I think it is much nicer now that it is gone (SP4 looks more sophisticated than the SP3 because its gone.) 

The Surface Book is really enticing. The SP4 looks like a nice iteration but nothing super compelling to upgrade from my (now working) SP3. I am looking to get the new Type Cover with finger print reader and the new Pen. Those look like nice upgrades to my SP3 that will have some nice quality-of-life benefits.

my surface book showed up this morning. The build quality is really top notch. Everything about it speaks of quality (probably should for the price.) Even the box it came in is impressive.

• Like 1

my surface book showed up this morning. The build quality is really top notch. Everything about it speaks of quality (probably should for the price.) Even the box it came in is impressive.

Which configuration did you get? Look forward to your thoughts and how it compares to the tablet Surface experience. I'm interested to see how the 'clipboard' holds up as a stand alone device when not attached to the keyboard/base.

I wish the Suface Pro 4 keyboard with the finger print reader had other colors than black. I do believe I'm going to keep my Pro 3 and get the keyboard with the FP reader.

I wish the Suface Pro 4 keyboard with the finger print reader had other colors than black. I do believe I'm going to keep my Pro 3 and get the keyboard with the FP reader.

I'm really enjoying the FP Type Cover on my SP3. Highly recommend!