RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
AwesomeSpaceMonkey

Surface Pro 3 + New Pen

AwesomeSpaceMonkey

I'm pretty sure that the increased levels of sensitivity with the new pen are only available with the Pro 4 and Surface Book but the pen is compatible with the Pro 3. Do we know for sure that the new pen will not provide 1024 levels of sensitivity with the Pro 3? Thanks.

callihan44

everything ive read so far says the new levels is in the sp4

thelilgeek

According to Daniel Rubino ALL of the new features for the new pen work on the SP3.

AwesomeSpaceMonkey

Okay, they've updated the product page to specify that the 1024 levels of sensitivity is only on the SP4 and SB. That makes sense but it wasn't clear before.

Daigen

I tried the Pen on a SB in the store today and I can really feel the difference in sensitivity. The Pen definitely feels more natural and responsive to write with. I take all my notes with the stylus in Notes on my SP3 so I'm very familiar with that scenario. Some of the smoother experience is probably due to the new Pen tip as well. I'm planning on getting a new Pen to use on my SP3 so it will be interesting to see how the 256 levels compare. Despite the seemingly inconsequential spec of 1024 levels it would be one of the main reasons I would consider upgrading from a SP3 to an SP4. Besides the frequency of my note taking the additional levels would come in handy with drawing and my daily Photoshop and Illustrator tasks.