RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Welcome Surface Book!

Dave

Did you get one?  Please tell me what specs you ordered and why. Did you get the GPU?  Did you get the dock?

Oh ya, order on my commission link if you don't mind.  Link  Ad blockers may block it.  I had to allow it via uBlock in order to get it to work.  Thanks for ordering via SG.

callihan44

this is going to be a tough decision between this and sp4, considering how it looks like surface book takes a page from Lenovo yoga which I like too

pfinter

I preordered the Surface Book i7 with 8gb Ram and 256 gb SSD. When I ordered it, I didn't see an option to add the NVIDIA GPU. The site listed the graphics option as follows:

i5: Intel® HD graphics 520

i5/i7: NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Processor

In my mind I made the assumption that the NVIDIA GPU was standard on the i7's.

I also picked up the new doc instead of the SP3's doc.

pfinter

Did you get one?  Please tell me what specs you ordered and why. Did you get the GPU?  Did you get the dock?

Oh ya, order on my commission link if you don't mind.  Link  Ad blockers may block it.  I had to allow it via uBlock in order to get it to work.  Thanks for ordering via SG.

In my rush to purchase, I missed swinging by this site and seeing the commission link. Otherwise, I would have used it Dave.

Side observation:

When I attempted to order my Surface Book yesterday, I had some real nasty issues with the Edge Browser. I almost put off ordering because the Microsoft store was all flaky like the site was being overwhelmed. However, I switched to Chrome and had an excellent experience. My preference is to use IE or Edge for financial things and Chrome for internet consumption. I like to keep things separate. However, I think Edge got a black-eye from this experience. I'm not ready to throw it off the bus yet but, I am questioning if it is ready for prime time use or still beta.

callihan44

In my rush to purchase, I missed swinging by this site and seeing the commission link. Otherwise, I would have used it Dave.

Side observation:

When I attempted to order my Surface Book yesterday, I had some real nasty issues with the Edge Browser. I almost put off ordering because the Microsoft store was all flaky like the site was being overwhelmed. However, I switched to Chrome and had an excellent experience. My preference is to use IE or Edge for financial things and Chrome for internet consumption. I like to keep things separate. However, I think Edge got a black-eye from this experience. I'm not ready to throw it off the bus yet but, I am questioning if it is ready for prime time use or still beta.

I agree edge is not perfect yet but Ive always preferred a Microsoft browser to any other
  • Like 1

Dewain27

So, I ordered an i5 / 8 GB RAM / 256 GB SSD / GPU version and noticed that I put the wrong address in for my CC.  I just moved.

Then my friend called me and talked me into it...

I have on order a Surface Book i7 / 16GB RAM / 512 GB SSD / GPU version.  Like I said to Dave on the phone... its go big or go home :D

I have a Razer Blade 14 current model 256 GB SSD version now for sale for $1500 if you know anyone interested now BTW :D

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I have on order a Surface Book i7 / 16GB RAM / 512 GB SSD / GPU version. Like I said to Dave on the phone... its go big or go home :D

That's what I will be getting.

• Like 1

callihan44

Ive been strolling the macrumors forums on upcoming changes to the MacBook and there are some folks blown away by surface book, it's definitely opening some eyes

JoshB

I plan on getting the i7 16gig 512GB in Janurary. Each step up I just find myself saying "Well it's just 200 more dollars". I am graduating College in November with  a degree in computer animation. I figure it will be a great addition for what I will be using it for.

The price is really steep, but I can't help but want it.