RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Surface Pro 4

Dave

I really thought hard about pre-ordering a Surface Pro 4. If they had had the i7 devices available for pre-order I might have gone with it. However, with much internal debate and gnashing of teeth, I chose to go with the Surface Book. All versions are available for pre-order. IF I would have gone with the SP4 I would have had to settle for the i5.

Hi there. I am new here my name is Chris. I just pre-ordered the i5 16gb 512gb Surface pro 4. My laptop is about to die and I needed one sooner rather than later so I couldnt wait until November 20th for the i7. I think the i5 will work for me for how I use it. I also ordered the docking station, hdmi, vga, and LAN connectors since I travel. Sometimes the wifi is spotty so it would be nice to plug straight in. 

My old laptop is a powerful Dell but it weights about 7-8 lbs. This is not fun dragging it around airports so I am looking forward to the surface. I was at a meeting and a coworker had one so I got to play around with his Surface and see how I liked it. 

I am glad to be part of the community here. 

• Like 1

I don't need the power of the I7, wish they had the 1TB drive available to go with the I5.  Was thinking about getting the wife a Surface 3, but the Core M in a Surface Pro 4 is tempting, that way when I get one all the accessories can be used on both.  Like the dock for the Pro 4. 

I am happy with my SP3, the SP4 is a nice generational update however it's not enough to entice me to upgrade.  I wish they would stop making the SP lineup thinner, keep the extra battery and capitalize on the power efficiency gains...

I am likely however to purchase the Onxy version of the new keyboard (that is the only one with integrated fingerprint sensor).  Since it will be compatible with SP3, I'm in.  I just want to wait and try it out all out in store first before dropping $150.

• Like 1

I am happy with my SP3, the SP4 is a nice generational update however it's not enough to entice me to upgrade.  I wish they would stop making the SP lineup thinner, keep the extra battery and capitalize on the power efficiency gains...

I am likely however to purchase the Onxy version of the new keyboard (that is the only one with integrated fingerprint sensor).  Since it will be compatible with SP3, I'm in.  I just want to wait and try it out all out in store first before dropping $150.

yes I still think the sp3 is an excellent device even with the new product line, I would like to try the new keyboard myself. I am not going to purchase anything yet till I see all new devices in person though

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up the I5 8GB 256GB SP4. Loving it so far, if you have a SP3 probably not enough to upgrade. Keyboard through is a must upgrade. Finally a trackpad and keyboard that can keep up with my typing.