RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Narwhalcob

New Surface 3 With Lte Sent Back

Narwhalcob

I pre-ordered a Surface 3 with LTE (4GB, 128GB) and received it on 9/21/2015. I have used a Surface Pro 3 for a while at work and decided to purchase the Surface 3 for personal use.  I was excited to get the device.  It came with Windows 10 installed and I did all the updates (including firmware) soon after receiving it. I initially had charging issues ("Plugged in - Not Charging") but thought that it was due to my inexperience with the Surface 3 and also thought that updates might address it.  Unfortunately the charging issues continued. There were times that it would be charging but if the cord was touched it would stop.  I was focusing on charging rather than using the device.  Rather than hope that it would be fixed through some future update I decided this morning that it may be more prudent to return it.  Some might say that 3 days isn't enough time but given that a Surface 4 is coming just around the corner, I thought it best to return it and see what's coming in October.

WolfJT

It's probably prudent to wait for the 4. It sounds like you had one with a rare issue. But why not wait, at the very least you could get another 3 at a marked down price.

callihan44

sounds like maybe a faulty charger or connection, im not a fan of the micro usb charger...I like the break away magnetic versions better

schoondoggy

I know we have had some detail on a Surface Pro 4, but has anything been confirmed around a Surface 4?

WolfJT

I've not heard any specs at all on the 4. Come to think of it, the news around the Pro 3 was outsandingly kept on the downlow until the media event.