RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
shugs81

Possibly Upgrading To Sp3 Soon

shugs81

Hi peeps...

Been tempted to upgrade for a while and the prices have come down recently..

From what I can see the sp3 is a good upgrade from sp1 and I like that you get more screen space..

Just wondering if you think the prices might drop more after the sp4 comes out? (I read somewhere it's October!)

Ta

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

callihan44

if the prices do drop I cant see it being by much, the sp3 to date has been the most successful in sales but I assume it will be discontinued in production if it hasn't already just like the first 2 models. I think you run more of a chance of stores selling out of them if you wait too long.

• Like 2

shugs81

Bit the bullet and got one! Turns out pc world is (kind of) cheapest! Which is a bit of a shock! It is through a cash back deal only available this weekend so I totally lucked out! Just need a bluetooth keyboard and I'm set... just doing the updates now... :D

thelilgeek

Just curious, why Bluetooth and not the type cover?

callihan44

good deal, in some aspects I think you will like the sp3 better than the original

shugs81

First reason for not getting they type cover... cost... soooooo expensive... I wouldn't pay that much for my desktop keyboard! If it was like the earlier model power keyboard I would consider it more...

Secondly.. I do 3d modelling and the way I normally work is to have the screen closer to me and the mouse and keyboard off to each side... sounds weird I know it's just my comfortable working position.... also need a number pad... I have a mouse that is one but it's really awkward to use so having that functionality is important! But I'm enjoying the sp3 loads so far... still trying to force 10 on it tho which is annoying... suprised at how quick I got used to it!!

thelilgeek

Sounds like an 2 excellent reasons. I just try to remind people that are only concerned about price, is that it also acts as screen protection (which you already know). As a side note, if you buy the bundle from Microsoft it is much more economical.

• Like 1

shugs81

its nice to see a genuine argument other than it looks good or pro licensed products... lol... i totally get what you mean... i tried using the type cover from my pro but i need to be able to move it about... planning on a tempered glass screen protector and possibly some kind of rugged case providing it gives free access for the stand... think i found one but reviewsntho mainly positive still some pretty bad reviews... will keep looking