RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Rod at home

What Are The Steps I Need To Take, To Roll Back From Windows 10?

Rod at home

I have Sony VAIO, which I bought almost 3 weeks ago. I did have Windows 8. Professional on it. I set up to get my free upgrade to Windows 10 Professional. Yes, I saw notices from Sony saying not to upgrade. Well, after a week of getting notices of being ready for the upgrade I thought that perhaps it was ready, that the drivers were fixed, etc.

Well it looks as though I jumped the gun. Since upgrading the Wi-Fi doesn't work at all Today on my commute into work (I ride a train) my laptop froze so solidly that nothing at all would respond, not even the mouse.

Clearly I've got to roll back to Windows 8.1 Professional, and wait for Sony to get around to upgrading the drivers they use in their equipment. My question is, what are the steps that I need to do in order to roll back to Windows 8.1 Pro?

callihan44

does this computer have a restore partition on the drive? more than likely it does......hopefully you backed up important files...For Sony VAIO, restart and press "F8" or "F10" repeatedly until the "Advanced Boot Options" screen appears.

jsox

Unless you deleted the rollback data you should be able to do it from within Windows 10 for up to 30 days.

Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > "Go back to <whatever>"

• Like 1

WolfJT

I think the best way would be to do a system restore from the recovery partition and not the rollback option. That way it's like a clean install again. Just move all your data to the cloud and then do the restore. Win 8 is awesome to recover from. If you used your MS account that is.

• Like 1

Rod at home

I'll try the restore. Hopefully it doesn't lock up while its restoring.