RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
shugs81

Revert Back To Windows 8

shugs81

Right... I feel I may have been a little hasty upgrading my surface pro to 10... I didn't back up anything or extracted a key for the software on it... it's still way to unstable to use for any long term use as it's constantly locking up, things deciding to not wok anymore and it's getting a little annoying to say the least...

Have I shot myself in the foot?

Ta peeps

schoondoggy

Did you happen to make a recovery usb stick?

Your license key is in the BIOS. If you install Windows 8 from an OEM disk it should work fine. The OEM loads look for the license in the BIOS.

Here is one I have downloaded:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0W9PBigPy94aVJWSndyTFNFMzg/view

Here is another route, go to entry #8:

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/38486-need-help-formatted-genuine-windows-8-lenovo.html#post330277

ImTheTypeOfGuy

You can do a restore to 8.*. It is easy and painless. But odd you are having these issues. I haven't heard of others having them. However i am not looking for those types of posts or news on it I guess.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

WolfJT

Are you talking about the first gen Surface Pro?

shugs81

Yeah it's first gen... I discovered a pup in the registry too... so it may have been that... plus it's just downloaded more updates which may have been blocked by said pup... cheers for the replies guys... I'll stick with it a little bit longer to test for now but I have an escape plan if needed! :D

Cheers!