RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
ImTheTypeOfGuy

Other Hobbies

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Besides tech, what other hobbies do you have?

Skiing

Coaching my kids sports teams

Traveling

I haven't done it in along time but building cars.

Ancestry.com

Financial planning

Volunteering at church

ATV riding

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

callihan44

kayaking-fishing-archery-guns-hiking-working out-mountain bike riding-ham radio-golf-traveling

just bought a 2015 hobie outback kayak and cant wait to hit the water, I love the outdoors....and yes the sp3 has come out in the tent a few times

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I forgot about hiking, fishing, and camping. Probably because I don't get to do it enough.

Oh, and probably mu favorite, PAINTBALL.

CommonTek

Eating, eating is my hobby.... coincidentally, I am also fat.

callihan44

Eating, eating is my hobby.... coincidentally, I am also fat.

food yes! I like to eat too but I work it off, bbq in particular is a fav of mine and yes I have my own smoker and grill out prob 3 times a week if Im home. Italian / Mexican is my other weaknesses

pfinter

Biking (not so much this year)

Taking drives in my Jeep Wrangler with the top and doors off.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Food wise; Indian and Thai, or almost anything that is hot.

• Like 1

jhunter3

I'm obssessed with photography. i've been into it since i was a teenager, went away for awhile but dove back in about the time of the digital revolution when my first kid was born. i caught the bug again in the worst way. i could go on but i'll spare you. let me know if anyone wants to talk shop!

Edited by jhunter3

axoid

Radio Control Cars, 3D Printing, Video, Fast Cars,Shooting.

The most current one is Radio Control Off-Road Racing. I'm did this a lot back in the 90's and got out when I started playing with real cars.

I'm also getting into Volging in conjunction with the RC Racing. I have a YouTube channel setup, but no content up yet.

ShadowPeo

I have too many to mention, although I am trying to cull it, or at least reduce my involvement in some of it,

Hunting, Camping, Fishing, Shooting (long range, in particular, its great to get around on target from a cold bore at 1000m, don't really get to shoot enough these days to be able to achieve that though) This then got me in to 4WD (to a limited extent, only so it opens up more areas for hunting, camping and fishing) and I got an ATV to do even more. Still don't actually get out enough though (Last trip was cancelled due to a major storm, now I have 3 or 4 months before its cool enough again)

Travel is a huge passion of mine (but not really in conjunction with the hunting, camping fishing) I love going to new places and seeing new things so far I have racked up ~220,000km in the past 4 years of air travel.

With travel comes photography and all those things. Although I am not a purist and tend to use "super-zooms" I prefer glass over digital zoom is all. I also, have action cams, small point and shoot and underwater cameras to deal with.

I also enjoy making (and yes eating) a lot of food and drinks, this ranges from making the Passata, Pasta and Salami, hams, etc. smoking meats, brewing beer (and other things these days) working on distillation at the moment, but that and the brewing to an extent is on the go slow until I get the fermentation room built so I can better control temperature, adding to that the power needs to be upgraded to run the stills and mash ton. Oh and Cheese, now this is driving me nuts, the devil is in the details with cheese, and don't look at it wrong or it will not work.

Also have RC, predominantly boats and subs but basically anything goes. My only rule these days is it needs to be electric, I can no longer be bothered with all the shit that goes around maintaining nitro engines.

Also learning, I am always doing this training or that course or working towards that license/permit

Edited by ShadowPeo