RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Rod at home

Trying To Decide Between The 735 And The 640

ImTheTypeOfGuy

The icon and 930 are the same, not the 830.

Oops. My mistake.

thelilgeek

Oops. My mistake.

No problem. That's what a community is for.

pfinter

If I remember correctly, the only Windows Phones that Verizon currently sells are the 735 and HTC one m8 for windows. Could be wrong on the last one.

The 830 is offered in at&t, I had thought about pulling the trigger, but, I am working on a project right now that is spending all my money.

Was going on a trip a week ago and wouldn't you know it, my Nokia 920 bit the dust. The AT&T store only had a 635, 640XL and the 830 available on short notice. After comparing them all, I went with the 830. It's not the newest phone but spec wise, it's better than the others that were available. I seriously considered the 640XL but that is just too big to stick in my pants pocket.

My wife will get the 830 when the windows 10 phones come out.  However, the 830 is easily better than my old 920. I will say that I preferred the full sun viewing abilities of the 920 over the 830. The 830 updated to the Denim update and is definitely a nice phone with the 10MP cam.  No complaints.

fyi... Several months ago, AT&T was giving away a free fitbit flex along with the 830. Though not advertised together anymore, I asked if they could check and see if they had it (packaged in a large box with both the 830 and fitbit inside.) Anyways they still had a box sitting in the back that was unopened (it was located in a different part of the stockroom because of the size of the box. They gave it to me for the same price as the 830 by itself.  So, I gave the $99 fitbit to my wife as a parting gift for waiting a few more weeks/months for her phone update.

Rod at home

If I remember correctly, the only Windows Phones that Verizon currently sells are the 735 and HTC one m8 for windows. Could be wrong on the last one.

The 830 is offered in at&t, I had thought about pulling the trigger, but, I am working on a project right now that is spending all my money.

I believe that you are correct. I went to the cell phone people at our Costco to talk to them about cell phone coverage. I have to take a train to work, which goes through mountainous areas. I asked them who had the most reliable coverage. Of course it would be Verizon. I am so unhappy about that. I'll probably stay with Verizon, but only because no one else has better coverage where I need it. Man, life sucks some times.

callihan44

Was going on a trip a week ago and wouldn't you know it, my Nokia 920 bit the dust. The AT&T store only had a 635, 640XL and the 830 available on short notice. After comparing them all, I went with the 830. It's not the newest phone but spec wise, it's better than the others that were available. I seriously considered the 640XL but that is just too big to stick in my pants pocket.

My wife will get the 830 when the windows 10 phones come out.  However, the 830 is easily better than my old 920. I will say that I preferred the full sun viewing abilities of the 920 over the 830. The 830 updated to the Denim update and is definitely a nice phone with the 10MP cam.  No complaints.

fyi... Several months ago, AT&T was giving away a free fitbit flex along with the 830. Though not advertised together anymore, I asked if they could check and see if they had it (packaged in a large box with both the 830 and fitbit inside.) Anyways they still had a box sitting in the back that was unopened (it was located in a different part of the stockroom because of the size of the box. They gave it to me for the same price as the 830 by itself.  So, I gave the $99 fitbit to my wife as a parting gift for waiting a few more weeks/months for her phone update.

I was tempted in checking out the 830 in person but haven't yet just based on reviews and wanting the top of line windows phone, how is the speed of this phone? camera better than average? I keep checking out win phone central for breaking news on new tech and the peeps over there are getting irritated at the lack of devices, ms better get on the ball!

pfinter

I was tempted in checking out the 830 in person but haven't yet just based on reviews and wanting the top of line windows phone, how is the speed of this phone? camera better than average? I keep checking out win phone central for breaking news on new tech and the peeps over there are getting irritated at the lack of devices, ms better get on the ball!

It's better than my old 920. It's a quadcore processor and everything seems to run smoothly. The main camera is a 10mp job. It took really nice photos at the Royals game last night against the Tampa Bay Rays. You can add a micro SD card to the phone and it has a replaceable battery. The device also weighs less than the 920. Almost sorry I promised it to my wife.