RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Rod at home

Trying To Decide Between The 735 And The 640

Rod at home

My current 2 year contract expires next month. I am considering going to either the Lumia 640 or 640 XL with AT&T, or staying with Verizon and using the Lumia 735 that they will be selling soon. I've looked up comparison sites which look at the two. It seems to me that the 640 is larger than the 735 (and of course the 640XL is larger than the 640). And review I saw online about the 735 only really positive comment was that it's designed for making selfies. Well, OK. I do those sometimes, but that's not enough, by itself, to make me want to buy the phone.

So what I'm wondering about is, has anyone here some experience with both? If so, what's you're take on them?

CommonTek

I am not on Verizon so I don't have the dilemma, nor do I rock WP anymore, but I personally don't see any reason to get the 735 over the 640 (or 640XL).  I am thinking about picking up the 640 or 640XL from the MS Store just to have a newer WP to play with (I only have an old 520).

• Like 1

callihan44

My current 2 year contract expires next month. I am considering going to either the Lumia 640 or 640 XL with AT&T, or staying with Verizon and using the Lumia 735 that they will be selling soon. I've looked up comparison sites which look at the two. It seems to me that the 640 is larger than the 735 (and of course the 640XL is larger than the 640). And review I saw online about the 735 only really positive comment was that it's designed for making selfies. Well, OK. I do those sometimes, but that's not enough, by itself, to make me want to buy the phone.

So what I'm wondering about is, has anyone here some experience with both? If so, what's you're take on them?

why not the 830? Im still holding out till some flagships show up but my hope is dwindling, I currently have a note 4 and it's getting the job done despite some occasional lag...

ImTheTypeOfGuy

why not the 830? Im still holding out till some flagships show up but my hope is dwindling, I currently have a note 4 and it's getting the job done despite some occasional lag...

I am in the same boat. Luckily my icon is still a grew phone though. I just wish it was bigger.

pfinter

Sounds like a lot of people are waiting for the henceforth named "Unicorn Phone" or the 940 or whatever MS decides to call it, if it is ever decides to release it. Like the rest, I'm looking to replace my current phone. (Nokia 920) However, I'm waiting for a Windows 10 mobile phone that is a hero phone. A friend of mine couldn't wait and picked up an HTC M8. He seems to really like the speed of the phone but isn't as thrilled with the camera. "It's Ok, Nokia makes great cameras on their phones" is the quote I take away from this. The news isn't good and this is possibly a waste of time with the current MS management direction that we're seeing. But, hope springs eternal AND I can't stand the idea of switching to Android. Apple and Blackberry are just not options I'm willing to settle on.

Rod at home

The 830? I've not heard anything about that. Is that something that Verizon offers?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

The 830? I've not heard anything about that. Is that something that Verizon offers?

That's the same as the icon.

Rod at home

The 830 is the Icon? Well then its been out for a while now. I forget which carrier had it; can't even remember if it was on Verizon.

thelilgeek

That's the same as the icon.

The icon and 930 are the same, not the 830.

thelilgeek

If I remember correctly, the only Windows Phones that Verizon currently sells are the 735 and HTC one m8 for windows. Could be wrong on the last one.

The 830 is offered in at&t, I had thought about pulling the trigger, but, I am working on a project right now that is spending all my money.

• Like 1