RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Just Wanted To Share. Loving The Surface For Art.

jwatson

I am a cronic sketcher and have recently gone back to school, the Art Institute for animation and i just wanted to share my love for the surface pro. I have a first gen one and though i would love to upgrade to a new one i'm pretty broke. lol. I use to work for an office company and first got wind of the surface via Expertzone where we did alot of microsoft training and have been doing sketches on it since the moment i got it. Quite a bit are on my deviant page. I can't sayenough how great it is so i can only imagine how good the newer models must be. This is my latest for something i am working on, I'm currently taking color theory so i have been having fun with that. I so look forward to seeing where the surface goes in the future,

Just downloaded some of the drivers on the page. hope the pressure sensitiity N-trig works on the original surface pro. It could really change things for me. Will let you know.

Hey @jwatson, welcome to the forum! I hope you'll check out the SurfaceProArtist.com blog.

The N-Trig driver is only compatible with the Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3. The SP1 and 2 used Wacom digitizers (which I prefer). A lot of software no longer requires Wintab compatibility for pen pressure, but in case you use older software that does, you'll need to download and install Wacom's Feel driver. You can search for it on the site to find a download link.

In addition to providing Wintab support, the Feel driver offers a calibration utility, pen customization options and a radial menu for commonly used shortcuts.