RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How Many Plan To Jump To Windows 10?

callihan44

Im probably going to stick with 8.1 for a good while longer, it works and now that Im used to it don't want to change

I am sure i will on day one on a device I don't use very often.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

Plan to install 10 on my laptop that is running 8.1.  Will be replacing with a Surface 3 Pro sometime in the future.

Got 2 media centers running Win 7 that will stay on 7.  Can't even go to 8.1 since the Haupage Colossus cards that I have to use with our cable boxes.  An IP based cable system is a lot more problems to deal with, would love to go back to a cable card tuner,

The wife's laptop will probably stay on 7, though the plan is to upgrade her to a Surface 3 in the future and then she will go to 10.

Only have the Windows 10 update notification on my wife's laptop. So, I'll start there. My laptop has the two required KB's and I haven't seen any update notification yet. I haven't powered up my desktop machine for a while. So, I have no problems upgrading that machine unless I don't get the upgrade. All my machines have windows 8.1 now. I hate having machines running different versions of the OS. Nothing drives me crazier. So, I'll upgrade them all if possible as I don't want to be stuck with some machines at 8.1 and some at 10.  Especially if the upgrade is free for a limited time.

My nose is still a little bent out of shape because my RT Tablet won't be updated to Windows 10.

I am going to wait for Windows 11, so just like in Spinal Tap, I can say, 'but my PC goes to 11!'!

• Like 1

Will go for it day 1 on surface and test pc (celeron with 8 gb running preview)

for now stay 8.1 on home pc but might move work pc from 7 to 10 for application testing

I will stay on 8.1 for the first few months while the major kinks get worked out; at least that's the plan.  I will upgrade my home PC on day 1, still have W7 on it.