RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

What Is The Windows 10 App For?

Rod

I've got a Surface 3. In the last day or so I've seen the "Get Windows 10" app in my System Tray. I've clicked on it and its talks about reserving my copy of Windows 10. I thought it was an automatic download. What is this app about?

It's a way to register for Win 10 once's it's released on July 29th, that's all it is.

Rod is not on Twitter I take it?  Just poking fun at you Rod.  Twitter was all flustered about this little icon.  Drove me crazy. Surface Geeks 92 will talk about this in depth.  Should be out tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 1

Actually I am on Twitter. My Twitter identity is @Doctor_Who.

However my new job blocks each and every social website with a vengeance. And then my commute is so very long that I unfortunately don't get much chance to check Twitter, or anything else, because I'm out of reach of any signal, whether Wi-Fi or LTE. :(

I'll probably get today's podcast in my next syncing of my podcasts.

But back to my question, I still don't get this. I thought that Windows 10 was an automatic download for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users. Is that not so? Do you have to respond to that system tray app to reserve my copy of Windows 10?

My understanding is it is not automatic.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

• Like 1