RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Ms Wireless Adapter Having Issues

fuegosurf

I have been having issues with my adapter and my Surface 3. It worked just fine the very first time, then subsequent times the adapter would go blank. I updated all the drivers and went into all the settings and basically drove myself bankers for a few days. I was about to give up when I discovered that the HDMI connector was wiggling a little tiny bit when connected to my TV. My problem was solved by using a little tape. At this point I think that the HDMI connector on the adapter is out of spec because my other HDMI cables fit snugly in the same port. Hmm, I wonder if it is because the HDMI ports on my TV are on the side and not the bottom of the TV. I am going to see if I have the same issue at work later this morning. In any case, I might be returning this adapter. I just don't know what other device to buy in its place and I need it to work reliably for work. Any suggestions?

Edited by fuegosurf

Well, I guess it wasn't Microsoft's fault because when I plugged it into our projecter at work it fit very tight. So, it must be the inputs on my TV. Strange though because my other HDMI cables fit snugly into the same ports. Anyway, I used my Surface 3 all day while projecting the display through the projector. Every once in awhile, it would disconnect from the wireless adapter, but it would always connect right away. I am not sure if it was a timeout issue or something else. Granted, I only really needed to display a presentation for 15 minutes at a time about once an hour and it never disconnected while doing the presentations. I guess the wireless adapter is a keeper.