RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
jjb9

Why Does My Brand New Surface 3 Have An Asus Logo On The Desktop?

jjb9

So I just bought a Surface 3 and booted it up for the first time and was stunned to see a big Asus logo in the lower right corner of the desktop.

I didn't think I bought an Asus and actually thought they were a low end competitor to the Surface.

Anyone know what's going on?  should I be worried that something funky is going on?

Thanks so much.

Josh

schoondoggy

Thats odd, where did you buy it?

jjb9

Bought it at Best Buy. I have a feeling I know what happened. When I first booted it up it asked me for my Microsoft email. I put that in with my password and when it finished it's updates I noticed that my previously visited websites on my last tablet, an Asus that I owned for a week and returned to the store, were all there.

It must have had my desktop saved under that email address too. And I guess that had as Asus logo embedded as the default.

Scary though.

thelilgeek

I assume, that you assume, it came from syncing the wallpaper for you desktop? That sounds right. Funny after the fact though, right?

callihan44

if you go to the Microsoft store and view your account you can see other devices you've had in the past, I had my sp3 sync with a Lenovo laptop account and it put Lenovo crapware on the sp3.

LouCap

I setup my S3 yesterday, and I had the same thing happen regarding the Asus logo popping up on the screen.  The up side was it reinstalled programs I had on an Asus T-100.  The downside was that it reinstalled programs I had on an Asus T-100, and some of it was bloatware.   Oh well, it's easier to delete than hunt around for the good stuff again I guess.