RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

I Noticed My Background Didn't Get Copied, Why?

Rod at home

One thing I've liked about Windows 8.1 is its ability to have the same background on different devices. I've got a desktop and laptop PC, both with Windows 8.1 (Pro, I've got to add). The desktop between those two devices are identical, which I like. But that's not the way it is on my new Surface 3. Why is that?

When you set up the Surface 3 did you choose to make it like one of your other PC's or unique?

Worked as expected on mine -- all my Apps, wallpaper, settings moved right over and several Surface Apps added on far right

When I entered my MS account the first time I was giving the option like Schoondoggy noted above to make it unique or like another PC/Tablet(s) I had my MS Account on

Yes I did, schoondog. However, I noticed that later my favorites did get transferred to my new Surface. My guess is that it took some time, and now that I've got a new job which keeps me away from my home for most hours of the day, I get maybe 30 minutes, if I'm lucky, to do anything with my Surface. I'm waiting for this weekend when I can actually spend more time!