RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
surfaceRT

Office 365 Activation On Surface 3

surfaceRT

So I opened the office app on my surface 3 today to activate my office 365 subscription. When I open the app it says "We didn't find an office entitlement for this device. Click next to get a free trial, enter a product key to purchase office".

Has anyone else run into this issue?

surfaceRT

So I figured out what I did to cause this to happen.  I upgraded Windows 8.1 to Pro edition before I tried to activate my office subscription. So a note to everyone - don't do that before you activate your office subscription :)

I did a refresh on the Surface 3, and was able to activate my office subscription. Hopefully I can re-use my 8.1 pro key now.

RMansfield

So here's my question...when I tried to activate mine, it asked if I wanted to convert my 365 account to Personal (which I did not). Is there any way around this? 

If I use a different email address, wouldn't that affect my OneDrive access?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Do we get O365 for free with the S3?

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

surfaceRT

Let me know if that upgrade works, I was thinking about trying it.

Rod at home

Out of curiousity, why did you upgrade Windows 8.1 to 8.1 Pro? (I mean I have Pro on my desktop and laptop, but hadn't thought of doing that for my new Surface.)

surfaceRT

Out of curiousity, why did you upgrade Windows 8.1 to 8.1 Pro? (I mean I have Pro on my desktop and laptop, but hadn't thought of doing that for my new Surface.)

For me, I wanted to be able to create bitlocker volumes. 

ImTheTypeOfGuy

O365 Personal comes with the S3

I activated using my Home plan and will try to activate the O365 Personal with my wife's account that is O365P and see if it stacks the activations -- wish me luck

check out https://www.thurrott.com/cloud/office-365/847/tip-convert-office-365-personal-office-365-home-just-9-99

Um, wow. I may be going to microcenter tomorrow to stack and then upgrade to home.

schoondoggy

I run Pro on any machine I want to run WMC on. You need Pro if you need to join a domain also.

• Like 1