RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WHS Updates issue

webapprentice

I tried to search for this topic but could not find anything so I apologize if I missed it. My windows home server console keeps show that updates are available to install but when I click on the updates it comes back and says nothing is available. Anyone knows how I can get rid of this message as it shows the server is in a critical state.

I have the same issue. When I rdp into the console and run the update, it fails.

I get the following error: Microsoft Security Essentials Client Update Package - KB2461287 (2.0.522.0)

Maybe this is related to the fact that I'm not a North American user - as I also had problems downloading the installer file - I got the installer through pm by a forum member...

I think that's a known problem with the latest problem not installing on V1.

So does that mean all V1 users with MSE installed now have their servers in a critical state, or is there a solution to this?

BTW: I noticed recently my client connector software does not correctly reflect the server state. They're all reporting "network is healthy". Sometimes its the other way around: the connector is reporting a problem that has already been fixed on the server - like somehow it is not reading the correct status (cacheing?).

Is this a known issue too, and can this be fixed

Thanks for the link; this explains why it doesn't install.

Is there a way to get rid of the critical status on the WHS?

I should think that RDP-ing in to your server, browsing to the windows update website and hiding the MSSE update should fix the problem.

I should think that RDP-ing in to your server, browsing to the windows update website and hiding the MSSE update should fix the problem.

Yes, that will do it.

Yes, that will do it.

Yes, worked fine!!

So the selections I make on the windowsupdate website are stored locally, and are also used whenever that machine is performing automatic updates? Cool - didn't know it worked like that.