RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
cskenney

XBox 360 and Kinect

cskenney

Anyone have a recommendation on which system a person should purchase? I am thinking about trying Kinect to see if my son is able to play the games. There was a recent story about a child with Autism who picked up playing the Kinect games really quickly and I am considering it for my own son.

I do not have an X Box today so I would need to purchase a new system. There are currently 2 sold with Kinect. One is a 4Gb system and the other has a 250 Gb hard drive. Are there advantages to having the hard drive? I ask only because I have never paid any attention to the X Box consoles so I know nothing about their capabilities.

Thanks for the input.

usacomp2k3

The cool thing about the hard drive is you can actually copy your games to it so that you can play off the hard drive and have pretty minimal load times. (you still have to have the disk in the drive to play, but it is just a check and doesn't actually pull data off of it once you copy to the hdd).

You also need the hard drive space for game patches and any videos that you might download. I have the 120GB elite and I certainly would want more than 4GB of space. (the games come on DVD-9 format, which is up to 7.4GB/disk).

Guest no-control

Yeah I have the Kinect and the 256gb 360s. Being able to load games to the HDD is sweet, load times are lower as are level loads. I also preferred the gloss black to the matte black finish as it matches my DTV HD-DVR and PS3. But I'm shallow like that :P