RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Sp3 Pen Issues

mick

For some reason when the type cover is on my pen falls asleep frequently. On a webpage its sporadic at best. Anyone know of a solution? ive looked around it's driving me crazy. 

• 3 weeks later...

And don't forget there are 2 very small coin-type batteries in the section above the spring -- I just needed to replace those and I've only had my SurfacePro3 since October.  I hope this isn't a regular occurance.  And the fact that the big battery is a AAAA (4 A's) makes it a bit harder to find -- Radio Shack has both types but they're in the process of shutting a large number of stores.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• jzucker
      By jzucker
      Got an I5 8GB, 256SSD surface pro 4 today. Very happy to report that it can handle a 4000x6000 image with 10 layers with no issues. However, I discovered that the pen does not transmit angle data to photoshop's brush engine. This is a rudimentary feature of the Wacom intuos tablet that allows for natural brush rendering. With the wamcom, the brush engine interprets the angle of the pen just like it would a real brush so for example as you press down harder and at an angle, the brush's bristles compress out and leave a very natural trail just as if you did this with a real brush. Or with a pencil tool, angling the pen allows you to shade an image as if you were drawing with the side of a pencil tip.

You can control the brush angle manually but it's extremely cumbersome to do compared to just angling the brush and it's akin to trying to draw using the mouse. So basically, the pen in the surface pro 4 acts like a mouse that can sense pressure. Without the angle characteristics that even the inexpensive drawing tablets support, i'm not sure the features of the surface pro 4 are enough to warrant using it over a laptop with a tablet. 

Does anyone know if the capability to transmit angle data exists in the pen and will it ever be supported? Because if not, I'll probably just go back to using my notebook computer and the wacom tablet.
    • joshpollard
      By joshpollard
      I've given up on ever finding my original pen for my first generation Surface Pro. Does anyone have a line on cheap replacement pens? It doesn't even need to be an official pen, as long as it works the same way. Thanks guys!
    • usacic
      By usacic
      I have been having a little issue with 8.1 every now and then tiles disappear from the start screen, I have not been able to replicate the problem but t happen in 2 separate instances. Anyone else having this issue? 
    • Jorgeverdugo
      By Jorgeverdugo
      do you think is possible to use other N-trig pens on the surface I like the sony vaio pens http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-Sony-Vaio-VGP-STD1-Digitizer-Stylus-Pen-/161398675073?pt=US_Graphics_Tablets_Boards_Pens&hash=item25941c5681

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-2013-VAIO-Digitizer-Stylus-Pen-VGP-STD2-/171437724456?pt=US_Graphics_Tablets_Boards_Pens&hash=item27ea7c1328

I like to have another pen for emergency and I dont like two much the secondary buttons of the surface pen  and sony is really good creating hardware
    • Tatious
      By Tatious
      Hey all,
      I turn to you becuase I have a serious issue with color banding. I've seen fixes with this by sorting out preferences in the Intel graphics menu- but I have no idea how to pull this up or if I need to install special drivers to do so.
      I've been trying to paint and ANY darker shades just equal banding blobs. It's awful!
      https://twitter.com/Tatious/status/450896948745105408 for reference.. and don't even get me started on using any shade of black.

Have you all encountered this? What was your fix?