RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Rod at home

Can You Use The One Carrier's Wi-Fi Sharing With Another?

Rod at home

I'm with Verizon, but am seriously thinking of dropping them when my contract runs out this summer. I'm considering going to AT&T when that comes, but before then I'm thinking about the possibility of getting the device for sharing one's 4GL connection via Wi-Fi. Maybe to my laptop and phone. Anyway, can you do that?

pfinter

I have used my phone Lumia 920's (4g lte) and have shared it with an older tablet.  This particular phone has the ability to share the connection as either a WIFI hot spot or through a Bluetooth connection.  I have used both connection options and it has worked just fine.

Also, I helped a non-techie friend set up a Verizon 4g LTE modem (Jetpack) it worked like a champ as well.

Just make sure you keep track of how much data you are using. 

• Like 1

Rod at home

Thank you, pfinter.

Joe_Miner

I'm with AT&T and have a Lumia 1020 -- quite a few times I've set it (my Lumia 1020 or my wife's 1020) up as a wifi hot spot (easy to do just throw a switch in "Settings" turning on "Internet Sharing") and have connected to it at one time or another my Acer Laptop, My Encore Mini, and my Stream 7 -- all work well -- just be sure to keep an eye on your data usage rate

The Internet Sharing screen in "Settings" will tell you your Broadcast Name and Password that you use on the device (tablet, laptop, etc) you're linking in

Edited by JoeMiner
  • Like 1