RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

DA Document Manager

geek-accountant

I think I purchased DA Document Manager after show #100. Still getting use to the program, when I hit an issue. Program seemed very slow every time I tried to add a new document. So I contacted the company and received a quick response. Seems the problem was something I was doing (had way to many documents in the workspace). That was weeks ago and I considered the matter closed since they answered my questions. However, today I got an e-mail from them telling me they are working on an update to resolve some of the things we discussed a few weeks ago. WOW!! In this day of poor customer service from almost every where, it sure was nice to deal with these guys. If you don't have DA Document Manager and scan a lot of your documents like I do, take a look at the program.

The only issue was that I already had 100's of docs scanned in with PaperPort, currently version 12.1. With time the program is only

getting worse. I tried the folder watch feature of DA and it didn't seem to work and I gave up. Too much work to manually import

all of those. I am trying NeatReceipts after a Woot deal. If you scan a lot of receipts it works pretty well. If you mainly do

documents, stick with paperport.

I have a couple 1000 scanned documents and really have no good plan to get them into DA. I have had it since about show #100, but have not used it that much, so I am not sure it is the solution for me. However, they have been so helpful I feel I need to give it a good shot before moving to something else.

So are you still using Paperport?

I have a couple 1000 scanned documents and really have no good plan to get them into DA. I have had it since about show #100, but have not used it that much, so I am not sure it is the solution for me. However, they have been so helpful I feel I need to give it a good shot before moving to something else.

So are you still using Paperport?

Have you tried using the "Save and keep form info" button to add the documents? I used this button to add a bunch of similar documents. The data stays there and you can just change the date, or whatever, and it allows you to process documents quickly.

Just a thought, on what I do

I actually double scan everything. PaperPort is my favorite, but is will sometimes hang when trying to redraw the document icons.

It has more functionality than the other products and it's interface is just more natural.

I do like NeatWorks, but it's folder system is kind of odd, but it's a little better on the Mac version.

Edited by awraynor