RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Windows 10 Technical Preview Available

Dave

The preview announced on Jan 21st is now available to Insider subscribers.  Sign up is free and easy.

https://insider.windows.com/

I'm installing now on a Surface Pro 3 i5 edition so hang tight for a report back.  If you are leery to start it!

Daigen

I was thinking about installing the preview on my surface pro 3 i5 as well. Will be interested to see how it goes for you. Really want to see how Cortana and Xbox streaming will work!!

WolfJT

I just installed the preview on my SP3. So far so good. However it doesn't go into sleep mode when I close the KB. It may be a setting, I've not looked into it. Also, the prompt to go into tablet mode goes off too much when you move the tablet around. Cortana is pretty cool. I can't get it to open control panel yet.

I have the I5 128 gig version by the way

WolfJT

If anyone finds the display brightness control on the SP3 that works let me know. The standard controls do nothing to turn down the brightness.

WolfJT

I would suggest you wait to load the preview on your Surface Pro. This preview is constantly running device very hard. The fan is always on and again, you can't adjust screen brightness either.

FinsUpDNC

Windows 10 will be a study one day on why not to outsource design and usability to your customer base as a whole.  It's a good thing mobile is not important in the computing space today! 

Dave

I would suggest you wait to load the preview on your Surface Pro. This preview is constantly running device very hard. The fan is always on and again, you can't adjust screen brightness either.

Mine was pegging the CPU pretty hard too.  It does calm down eventually but still seems to be some underlying issue with the build and how it handles running apps.

Morgan

If anyone finds the display brightness control on the SP3 that works let me know. The standard controls do nothing to turn down the brightness.

The only way to change the screen brightness now is using the brightness slider in Power Options. The fastest way to get their is to type "brightness" into the Search Box.

I too miss the brightness control from the Charms Bar. Hopefully that'll be added into Notifications.

WolfJT

The only way to change the screen brightness now is using the brightness slider in Power Options. The fastest way to get their is to type "brightness" into the Search Box.

I too miss the brightness control from the Charms Bar. Hopefully that'll be added into Notifications.

Yes, I noticed that I needed to do an update and then I could change the brightness and video ran correctly after that too.