RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
FinsUpDNC

Windows 10: The Next Chapter Gets Written Today....

FinsUpDNC

I am really excited to see how they pull off continuum, and hear about the plans for mobile.

The desktop version seems to heading in a direction most of can see.  I am more interested in seeing the mobile version that will be for phones and tablets 8 inch and under.  

CommonTek

I'm shaking with anticipation.  I just want to see Microsoft wow me in a good way for once.  Even though we know about a lot of what is about to come, I want to see how they present it.  I am jacked. 

RMansfield

Here's the question: will they combine Cortana with the holograph technology so that she appears standing on my desk kind of like she does for the Master Chief in Halo?

Dave

I'll plus one to that!  That was a pretty exciting event.  Everything you thought you would see and everything you never thought you would see.  My new Surface turned out to be an 84" wall mount Surface and there was even a promise for a "flagship" handset running Windows 10.  That is encouraging.  The Holo stuff is absolute craziness.  Did you see this coming?

RMansfield

I admit I'm very skeptical about the hologram (holograph? which is it?) stuff. That came out of nowhere. I've not heard one rumor about Microsoft developing this kind of technology, and frankly I'm doubtful as to its practicality. If anything, I think they should have saved it for another presentation because it takes attention off Windows 10. 

FinsUpDNC

I think the desktop version of 10 will be fine.  I don't think the phone will change anything, and they kind of know it.  They showed off 8 inch tablets today, and actually showed the desktop in use.  They  are not pushing mobile....and this is disappointing.  There will be an updated office that will run on phone because all of these things are now universal. They were very clear, 8 inch and smaller...but never used the word phone.  

There have been rumors of doing this helmet for gaming for a few years, and Mary Jo Foley said tonight it was the same project.  

The holo stuff is quite awesome, but the fact they did that today was weak.  You sold this as a windows 10 event, and you are trying to keep a lot of current customers happy.  These are customers who are now using iPhone and iPads to get a lot of work done.  They needed to tell them a story about why they should believe in Windows.  Instead every article is going to start and end with a headset. 

RMansfield

Yes, my wife--reading news from her iPad--just said to me, "Hey, did you know Windows 10 will have holograms?"

• Like 1

FinsUpDNC

So you're telling me that when I ask Cortana something.....Cortana pops out of phone to answer my questions? and on Windows 10? SWEET.