RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Can't Purchase Ad Free Outlook

Dave

How frustrating is this?  I had an Outlook.com address that I never used and pulled all my other e-mail into that account.  I took months to migrate everything into one account, xbox, outlook, onedrive, etc., into one Live ID.  That Live ID is not an @outlook.com account.  I then try to purchase Ad Free Outlook and it won't let me because it's not a "Windows Live ID with active inbox. It looks like it has to be msn.com, live.com, hotmail.com, or outlook.com Ugh.

www.adfreeoutlook.com

Error Message:

This service requires a Windows Live™ ID with active inbox. Please click Sign Out, and sign in using a supported e-mail address.

use Firefox with Adblock plugin. I use the 8.1 mail app. I think web mail is combersome to use. I like my mail clinet on my PC.

I had configured two POP3 accounts and one Outlook.com alias through Outlook.com. Everything worked great through the web access for Outlook.com. Then I decided to access Outlook.com through Outlook 2013 on my home PC. It receives mail correctly into the three different account folders, but the outgoing address for all email is the primary called out in Outlook.com. I am sure it would not be an easy fix, but I would think they could link the account list in Outlook.com to the 'From' button in Outlook 2013. 

I had an outlook.com account before and it was just confusing. I would sometimes reply as that address for whatever reason and it was crazy.  

You should have kept that outlook.com address, and just changed the default reply to which is in settings.  Try the alias route....if not start over or block ads with adblocker (i am against this for moral reasons).

• Like 1

It was also a housekeeping task.  My OneDrive is under my Non-Outlook.com address.  I have all my browsers set to open two tabs when I launch a browser.  OneDrive and Outlook.  I'm ready for e-mail and Documents instantly.  

little confused though, how do you have an outlook mailbox without a microsoft domain? is it still using the old live domains?

Yup, need to esplain this a little more!

I have a live ID with my business domain.  Domain is not forwarded and I still have the DNS pointing to my servers. So nothing forwarded. It's just a live ID and it's not a a Microsoft domain.  I then added accounts as Send/Receive.  So I maintain the server and Outlook.com pulls from my server.  The Send as really helps.