RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Droid Incredible Update?

Dave

No update here yet, but I did have Verizon reboot my phone in the middle of a phone call about 2 weeks ago. I was not happy. The Froyo update was pushed to my phone around 6am one morning while I was trying to leave for work. I had to stick around at home until it was done since I did not want to interrupt the download.

Nice. Although I'm not complaining to have froyo. I use the hotspot feature a lot. Very nice to have.

Just confirming - you have to pay additional to use the hotspot feature, right?

Didn't get it yet. Heck, I haven't even received Froyo yet. Tried to do it manually,

but what a nightmare that was. Is Froyo for the Incredible on hold for all Incredibles?

Just confirming - you have to pay additional to use the hotspot feature, right?

Correct but I've yet to see a charge for it.

Didn't get it yet. Heck, I haven't even received Froyo yet. Tried to do it manually,

but what a nightmare that was. Is Froyo for the Incredible on hold for all Incredibles?

No clue whatsoever. Where is Jose Ortiz when we need him?

Correct but I've yet to see a charge for it.

Now I am gonna have to try it. I always stopped at the screen telling me there may be additional charges. Of course, they could start charging but I am willing to roll the dice and give it a try. Thanks for mentioning it!

I think it's $20 a month right? I'm ok with that. It will probably catch up with my bill soon. I certainly don't see it in the Verizon app that I pay my bill with.

So I'm away from the house today and I fired up the hotspot app and connected with the iPad and started the browser. I got redirected to a Verizon webpage with all the details on the pricing. Free ride is over! Try yours and see what you see.

Apparently Verizon was web crawling the forums. I tried the hot spot app this morning and I get the same redirect to the Verizon pricing page.

Back to the original question, my phone updated the morning. Haven't noticed anything really different other than I can now find the Verizon App Store on the phone.