RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Microsoft Music Sync

WolfJT

Microsoft music organization tools leave a lot to be desired. In fact it can be infuriating. All I wanted to do was move my music on my 32 GB SD card to a 64 Gig card for my Lumia 520. Syncing it over was a major pain in the rear. I was hoping I could just connect my phone to the PC and insert the new SD card as well. Then I opened Media player and was planning on syncing from the phone to the SD card. I couldn't find a way to do that. So, I moved everything over to my PC then popped in the new card and moved all the songs over. Then real problems started. Some music wouldn't play, somehow the files were corrupted. Then adding some music from the cloud to media player to re-sync I end up with multiple copies in media player, or multiple songs listed in one album. It is a mess to say the least. I think this is where Apple really has it right.

Xbox music is broken on so many levels. Nokia mix isn't much better, I think it may be how Win Phone handles audio files as much as it is with the music app.

Its sad but I still use iTunes since it has better management capabilities. But my goodness that application is bad.