RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
WolfJT

Surface Edition Arc Mouse

WolfJT

I saw a pretty good deal on the ARC mouse this Christmas season and I bought one. I wasn't so sure if it would feel right in my hand and I was skeptical about the scroll wheel mechanism. I must say it has exceeded my expectations. This device paired to my SP3 with no issues and the mouse is very well constructed. The scroll wheel works wonderfully. It works on all surfaces too. So, if you were thinking about getting one, I would encourage you to get it. I think most people will like this device.

pfinter

I concur. Had one for quite a while and love it.

CommonTek

I had this mouse and it just didn't work consistently. *Note* I did not have the Bluetooth variant, I had the the variant with the USB receiver.  It would constantly drop the connection.  I would be scrolling or go to move the mouse on my screen and it just wouldn't move; it would get stuck for 10-15 seconds at a time and the only way to get it unstuck any faster was to flatten the mouse and re arc it.   After doing some research, it turns out that this was the common defect with those experiencing issues.   I returned it and got a different mouse.  

That said, of all of the people I personally know with this mouse; I was the only unlucky one and I must say it is a great design.

callihan44

I had this mouse and it just didn't work consistently. *Note* I did not have the Bluetooth variant, I had the the variant with the USB receiver.  It would constantly drop the connection.  I would be scrolling or go to move the mouse on my screen and it just wouldn't move; it would get stuck for 10-15 seconds at a time and the only way to get it unstuck any faster was to flatten the mouse and re arc it.   After doing some research, it turns out that this was the common defect with those experiencing issues.   I returned it and got a different mouse.  

That said, of all of the people I personally know with this mouse; I was the only unlucky one and I must say it is a great design.

same here, I liked how small this mouse was but I ended up with a Logitech anywhere mouse with the dongle receiver...that mouse will work anywhere for sure (especially on a bed sheet or carpet) I never really liked the scrolling of the arc and it didn't do well on fabric without erratic result on screen

WolfJT

So far this mouse is working very well. It's never disconnected. So it looks like they made some real improvments with the Surface edition.

pfinter

So far this mouse is working very well. It's never disconnected. So it looks like they made some real improvments with the Surface edition.

I agree with you. I've got nothing to complain about.  PLUS, it's easy to pack in a sleeve folded flat with my Nokia 2520.