RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
ffp

Smartphone Compatibility

schoondoggy

What phone carrier do you use?

WolfJT

Yes all of those scenarios will work.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I have used a 928 and an icon with my pro 2.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

But any windows phone should work fine.

Shameless plug but my 928 is for sell.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

ffp

schoondog-currently have AT&T but considering going to Verizon. Wider service area when I go fishing in central Oregon.

ITTOG: Looking seriously at the 820 because it can handle a 64 gb storage card. Should pretty much cover everything I need. Also looked at the 920. Since you have on maybe you can give me a little info like how good the antenna is. If you've tried other phones how well does it receive the signal by comparison? I ask because the Samsung 4 got nothing in my house and only, if standing in the right place, 1 bar outside. The iPhone, most of the time, shows 2 with only minor breakup once in a while. Don't want to spend the money only to find it doesn't work here.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Both of my windows phones were every bit as good as any other phone I have had. They were noticeably better than my android but that was over three years ago so I don't even remember which one I had.

ffp

Found a deal thru Amazon yesterday that I couldn't pass up so now waiting for a new Nokia 920 to arrive. Once that gets here I'll probably be back with a ton of questions. Thanks for the answers so far and helping me to decide which way to go. Now if only I could get a phone to do Linux Ubuntu.

pfinter

Found a deal thru Amazon yesterday that I couldn't pass up so now waiting for a new Nokia 920 to arrive. Once that gets here I'll probably be back with a ton of questions. Thanks for the answers so far and helping me to decide which way to go. Now if only I could get a phone to do Linux Ubuntu.

I currently have a Nokia 920, Surface RT and Nokia 2520.  I might be able to field some of your questions. if you get stuck.

ffp

Thanks for the offer, just might keep me from shooting the RT and taking a 16 pound sledgehammer to the phone!

BTW, since we are in the surfacegeeks zone, do you happen to know if there is anyway to expand "zones" on the startup screen like the Primary Apps section? Have some more I would like to have there but it's "full". Or is there a better way to set up emails, FB, and some other "stuff" for quick and easy "click-it" access?

Edited by ffp

axoid

Windows Phone sync up to Surface RT by USB the best. There is an  app you can get from the store that makes music and video file transfer easy.

Android phones work pretty good too. Threre isn't an app to simplify things, but the device's storage will become a drive letter or a media device on the Surface RT that you can access from Windows Explorer. I've done it with 4 different Android devices.

pfinter

Thanks for the offer, just might keep me from shooting the RT and taking a 16 pound sledgehammer to the phone!

BTW, since we are in the surfacegeeks zone, do you happen to know if there is anyway to expand "zones" on the startup screen like the Primary Apps section? Have some more I would like to have there but it's "full". Or is there a better way to set up emails, FB, and some other "stuff" for quick and easy "click-it" access?

Are you talking on the surface rt?