RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
woodzie

Flash Player

woodzie

I am running windows 8.1 on my rt and have recently started having issues with flash player. Getting errors such as "you need to have the adobe flash player to view this content"

I have checked for available updates and there are none - are there any other things i can try to help fix this?

Thanks

thelilgeek

The problem lies in the way they have implemented flash in their page. You need to view the page in the desktop version of the browser.

I know the page may have worked in the past. I have had a few site that I view on a regular basis start having this issue. Neither started at the same time.

woodzie

this doesn't seem to make any difference for me unfortunately.

thelilgeek

Are these site that you'd be willing to share with us? If you are able to, I'm sure that several of us will check them out and give you feed back.

woodzie

Of course! problem sites include espn.com and stuff.co.nz

Many thanks.

pfinter

Just now, My Nokia 2520 (Windows RT Tablet running 8.1) was able to view multiple videos from espn.go.com and I was able to play a video from the page titled: "Australia bids farewell to Hughes".

Do you have the latest updates to Windows 8.1?  

• A security update for the IE flash player for Windows RT 8.1 (KB3018943) was installed on my device on 2014-11-25.
  • The last major update for Windows 8.1 that I have was (KB3000850) on 2014-11-18.

I have had several other updates for Windows Defender and the personalization dictionary. But those shouldn't have anything to do with flash. I would check the updates and if these are missing, I would force the tablet to look for updates and install them.

I have an Original Surface RT at home. But, I haven't had any problems, to my knowledge, on it concerning flash lately. I routinely force the tablet to check for updates. Especially Tuesday evenings or Wednesday mornings.

thelilgeek

Same results as you pfinter.

woodzie

i've checked my update history and have already installed the updates you mentioned pfinter. i've also been forcing my surface to check for updates just about every day since the problem started without any luck.

thanks for your help anyway!

pfinter

I went and ran the same tests on my original Surface RT 64gb. Everything works the same as my Nokia 2520. Watching videos on ESPN and stuff sites appear to work just fine. Very frustrating. I hate it when a good tablet goes bad.

You may need to reinstall your surface and reinstall all the updates. I've done it once before. It is pretty easy and straightforward to do. Sadly, it takes a while to reinstall as it will put the tablet back to windows 8 if, that was the original version on your tablet when you bought it.

On the plus side, you should be able to view your websites like you want to. Good luck!