RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
schoondoggy

Verizon And Wp 8.1

schoondoggy

I don't need many more reasons to hate Verizon, but they're really dragging their feet on this Windows Phone 8.1 upgrade. Of course there's been a lot of cool stuff introduced in apps that only run on Windows 8.1 if you got a Verizon phone you're stuck. I read where Microsoft is jumping in to help but I can't quite understand why my AT&T phones are updated and my wife's Verizon phone is not.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Yes this is pissing me off. I may have to leave Verizon.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

WolfJT

I want to know why in the world they discontinued the flagship Icon? I have been lighting them up on Twitter and I suggest everyone here does as well. If their customers put enough pressure on them maybe they will start to move.

hedrek

They have your money, they have you on contract. They don't need to lie to you anymore. They will do this to you until you leave them. You are a victim of abuse.

mercblue2811488993274

I have 2 lines expiring soon - Verizon is losing a decade long customer because of their awful treatment of WP users.

I bought a 635 gophone to test AT&T service - works as good most places, better often and only a couple places it really stinks.

Switching soon - looking forward to the wider range of Lumia phones to choose from.  Only missing from the lineup s the 930.

• Like 1

schoondoggy

I have started my daily twitter attack on Verizon. I am keeping it civil, but I am pointing out that WP 8.1 is required to use the new FitBit and SmartThings apps. These are two big deals in my home. If you are a WP user on Verizon I would encourage you to tweet some of the same, copying other companies effected by this. Keep it clean!

@VerizonWireless @lumia @smartthings @fitbit Until Verizon rolls out WP8.1 my wife cannot use FitBit or SmartThings apps. Being held hostage

@VerizonWireless Still have not heard back from you on the WP8.1 upgrade that all other carriers have rolled out, long ago. @lumia HELP!

@VerizonWireless What is the status of the update to 8.1 of Windows Phone? @lumia All the other carriers are up to date. Why not you?

WolfJT

I can't encourage everyone enough to start dogging them on Twitter. They will not do a thing unless all WP users start letting their voices be heard. The latest in this mess is Softcard. It was just released on Verizon for WP. Guess what? The Nokia devices are not eligible to download the app. the only phone that can use the app on Verizon is the HTC M8. This is scandalous to me.

• Like 1

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I am starting the attack today.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk