RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
davec

Miracast Won't Drive A 1080I Tv

davec

I tried using the MS Wireless Display Adapter with my Surface 3 pro and the resolution is frozen at too low a level to run apps. (720p).  If I use a HDMI cable, it connects at 1080i and all is well.   It appears that the MS adapter is NOT a wireless HDMI, since it is forcing the lower resolution and the Surface won't let me change it.  Anyone out there tried this or any of the other adapter such as PUSHTV or Roku?  Again this only a problem on 1080i TVs (Pioneer and Samsung).

WolfJT

Which wireless adaptor are you using. I think MS released two different versions.

davec

I only found one, it was just in stores about week. $59.95

thelilgeek

I believe that is the stick, not the coaster/puck.

pfinter

I tried using the MS Wireless Display Adapter with my Surface 3 pro and the resolution is frozen at too low a level to run apps. (720p).  If I use a HDMI cable, it connects at 1080i and all is well.   It appears that the MS adapter is NOT a wireless HDMI, since it is forcing the lower resolution and the Surface won't let me change it.  Anyone out there tried this or any of the other adapter such as PUSHTV or Roku?  Again this only a problem on 1080i TVs (Pioneer and Samsung).

I played with using my Nokia 2520 with my Roku 3 on a Visio 1080p TV (Roku 3 was set to display at 1080p.)  After a looooonnnnng connection time, it showed my start screen and I was able to do some very simple things. When I attempted to watch a video, I lost the connection. After repeated attempts at making the connection and seeing my start menu again only to have the connection dropped, I gave up. My assumption is that the Nokia 2520 couldn't handle pushing the video over the WIFI connection (My original Surface RT and my Nokia 2520 have no problem driving the same TV with a HDMI cable.)

davec

Yes, it is the stick, where did you find the coaster/puck?   The MS stick works fine on a 1080p TV, it is only a problem on my older Pioneer PDP-5060HD that is max 1080i, which is interlaced and scans every other line.  HDMI cable works fine on both my 1080i TVs.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Keep in mind 720p is considered HD.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

pfinter

Keep in mind 720p is considered HD.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

Correct.

davec

720p may be HD, but it won't run Surface apps.   I gave up and bought an $80 sony blue ray that works fine at 1080i.  This has to be a minor change for MS to fix it!