RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
WolfJT

Surface Pro 3 Out Of Standby

WolfJT

My SP3 is very sluggish coming out of standby. It's very slow and unusable. The only way to come out of this state is to restart the tablet. Anyone else seeing this?

dhbailey

I have to admit that I am not seeing this with my SP3.  I've got the i5 model with 128GB and 4GBram.

How full is your storage?  Is it the same all the time or just after you've used the SP3 for a long period of time?  How many windows do you have open when you put it into standby mode?

WolfJT

I am at 48 gig free on my drive. I don't have any windows open when I close the lid. I've had my SP3 for about two months. It's the same one you have.

dhbailey

That should be enough free gigs that the storage space isn't the issue.  Check out the list of apps that are running at startup -- there may be many you can disable and that might solve your problem.

pfinter

That should be enough free gigs that the storage space isn't the issue.  Check out the list of apps that are running at startup -- there may be many you can disable and that might solve your problem.

Look at the third party app slimcleaner.  I've had great results with using this app to cleanup stuff in the startup and services sections.  It works well with telling you what these applications are too.  Just used it to cleaned up a friends machine that had some nasty clickware apps installed.

DevinTheDev

I had similar issues and I found that my install of HyperV had caused connected standby to become disabled.  To check open a cmd prompt and type: powercfg /a

The sleep states listed should be:

• Sleep (connected)
  • Hibernate
  • Fast Startup

If you don't see "Sleep (connected)" listed therein lies your issue.  This issue also appears to happen when you have SQL server (HA) installed.  Here's a link to the original article:  http://winsupersite.com/mobile-devices/surface-pro-3-tip-hyper-v-vs-connected-standby 

Good luck!