RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How Can I Determine If My Vaio Supports Miracast?

Rod at home

This morning while reading my emails I read of this really cool thing by Microsoft called a Wireless Display Adapter (http://bit.ly/1DGw0Ky ). It depends upon Miracast technology. I'm not sure my Sony Vaio has that. It probably doesn't, but I thought I'd ask, how do I determine if it does or not?

• 3 weeks later...

i need the same help

I having a sony vaio duo 13 (model SVD13212CXB) purchased in oct 13, it was having windows 8 originally and then it was updated to window 8.1 and then in jan it was updated to windows 8.1  update

now i bought a belkin wireless display adapter with miracast

and since last 5 days i am trying to use it with my vaio computer 

the belkin people says after the windows 8.1 update your miracast adapter has been messed up

my laptop wont find the miracast device.

can anyone one help

thanks 

Edited by ashishsoftech

i need the same help

I having a sony vaio duo 13 (model SVD13212CXB) purchased in oct 13, it was having windows 8 originally and then it was updated to window 8.1 and then in jan it was updated to windows 8.1  update

the belkin people says after the windows 8.1 update your miracast adapter has been messed up

can anyone one help

thanks 

Can you verify the part number, that one is not coming up.

Hi Schoondog,

I'm sorry, I got busy with other things and forgot to answer the question you asked back on the 4th. OK, my Sony VAIO is SVE14AE13L.

i need the same help

can anyone one help

thanks 

The Part # is correct

it is SONY Vaio Duo 13 hybrid laptop. SVD13212CXB, it was purchased in Oct 13 came with Windows 8. then updated to windows 8.1 and then after a few weeks to Windows 8.1update.

I have bought the Belkim Miracast Display Adapter HDMI for my laptop, but it is not finding the Belkin device. I have tried to upgrade its firmware to V2.5, but the problem still remain

Can you please help