RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
kkevin8976

How To Stop Forced Update To Windows 8.1 On Surface Rt?

kkevin8976

Hi,

I would like to know how to stop forced update to Windows 8.1 on Surface RT?

I get a blue pop up on Surface RT Windows 8, that is going to force me to update to 8.1.

I am happy with Windows 8, and would like to turn off this automatic update.

It is giving me increasingly limited options from a few days, down to a few hours now, to delay it, and will probably be forced on me next time I turn it on.

I need to disable this now, before I don't have the choice anymore. Please help!

thelilgeek

Do you have a specific reason why you would not want 8.1? The changes in this update are great and not intrusive at all.

Edit: I may be wrong about the timing, but, I do believe 8.0 is no longer supported.

Edited by thelilgeek

kkevin8976

I don't want Windows 8.1 because I have to reinstall all the apps I have, and the settings for Windows, because they will reset, right?

thelilgeek

Not that I remember, and trust me my brother would have thrown a fit if he'd had to do all that after the 8.1 update. Plus you will be able to update to newer versions of those apps that are less buggy and potentially have more features.

pfinter

Not that I remember, and trust me my brother would have thrown a fit if he'd had to do all that after the 8.1 update. Plus you will be able to update to newer versions of those apps that are less buggy and potentially have more features.

I don't want Windows 8.1 because I have to reinstall all the apps I have, and the settings for Windows, because they will reset, right?

I don't remember having to reinstall the apps in 8.1 either. As far as the layout and other settings. I don't think so. However, there are new settings and such. I agree with thelilgeek, the 8.1 benefits are preferred to the 8.0, unsupported environment. Things like the split screen size for Metro apps being variable in size instead of fixed (older apps may not use it correctly but, will still run just fine. right Twitter?)

• Like 1