RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Insert Key...

Mommy2007

Hello all!  I was so excited to get my new Surface Pro 3 last Friday so I could work remotely without having to lug my laptop around with me.  This just tucks right into my bag so easily!   My job requires the use of the INSERT key....and who would have actually thought that it wouldn't have one!  I have already contacted MS to see if they have an app or some way to remap a key, they don't.  They recommended using a 3rd party program to do so.   Does anyone have any good, trusted sites that I could go to so I could remap one of the F keys?  

Thanks for any help!

Lisa

It's kind of a lame workaround, but there is an app called "On-Screen Keyboard" (it is installed by default). If you open that app, there is an insert button on the keyboard on the right hand side.

• Like 2

Hi Mommy2007

You could try the free SHarpKeys:

http://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/

This way you can permanently remap a key (until you un-remap it (!) using the same program)

Alternatively, you can download the free AutoHotkey from here:

http://ahkscript.org/

And then create a simple script that contains the following line (which would remap F3 to Insert):

F3::Insert

This woul allow you to remap it only when you decide to launch that script, and the remap would stop when you quit the script (by right-clicking on its tray icon).

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Thank you both!  I didn't know that other keyboard was there...did a search for it and found it....and found the insert key on it.   Tried it on the application that I use for work...and it worked!  Woohoo!    Thank you so much!   

And....thank you...I will check out those sites too.....that way I can fix my cover keyboard!

Thank you both so much!

Lisa