RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
grumbly

Handwriting Anywhere On Screen To Text And Later Handwriting To Old Doc

grumbly

Hello all.

if this has been asked before, please forgive and could some kind soul point me in the right direction.

I want to hand write using the pen, anywhere on the screen. Notes, stories, poems, etc. Can I then convert such to text and will it save into a word document?  Now the extra part. If later, I handwrite more, if I can convert it to text do I have the option of saving said text to the same or any doc I want to open?  Will software append the latest handwriting (converted to text) at the bottom of the previously saved text?

Want to buy a surfacce but need to know this first. I've rang Microsoft five times-no-one knows. PC world in UK don't know.

Thank you. Advice would be greatly appreciated.  David

dhbailey

I just looked at the Microsoft app store, and there is at least one app which seems as if it can do some of what you wish.  It's called "MyScript Notes Mobile" and the developer's web-site is:

http://www.myscript.com/ -- you should visit there and ask the developers specific questions about what it can and can't do.  It seems to be able to convert handwriting to text, but nowhere can I find which formats the text is saved in.  It's worth looking into, and there may be other apps if you search at the Microsoft App Store.

I do not own this app nor have I used it or seen it in use, so please don't take this reply as an endorsement of the product -- I just wanted you to know that there may be just what you want.

grumbly

Thankyou for your advice-will go and look. I was hoping Onenote wopulod do this-maybe I'm wrong. 

dhbailey

I was reading up on OneNote and apparently the OneNote app on a desktop windows installation can do that, so you create your handwritten note on the Surface and then it syncs through the cloud with your desktop OneNote app and then you do the conversion.  Pretty lame system, if you ask me.  I hope you find something which will do just what you want on the Surface without need for the desktop.  There were several such apps on the iPad which did a great job of immediately producing text which could be copied/pasted into a word processor.  I'm surprised at how relatively sparse the Windows App Store is compared to the iPad App Store.  I certainly hope that changes soon!