RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
NYCSurfaceUser

Making The Surface Experience Better

NYCSurfaceUser

I've thought long and hard before finally buying the Surface instead of the MacAir but these past two weeks are beginning to make me regret it.

First, Microsoft ships the tablet and the keyboard separately after I ordered them together online. As I opened the box, seeing no keyboard was a let down. Why would anyone at Microsoft would think it's a good idea to not ship together for the initial wow factor after opening the box is beyond me. The keyboard came 4 days later.

I'm really liking everything about it accept for Internet Explorer and the operating system. Pop up windows are constantly coming up and closing them requires the deft touch of a Whack a mole gamer. Every other minute there's a virus alert on every web page. This never happened on my Mac.

It's beginning to look like only a geek can get this tablet to work properly which is my history with Windows systems.

At this moment, I just want it to work for me. Plus I'm typing all of this from my iPad because I'm having no problems logging on with WiFi.

callihan44

What kind of virus protection are you running? Most here just run windows defender and I don't recall ever getting a popup notice from it. Metro I.E runs IMO better than any other browser I've tried

ImTheTypeOfGuy

This definitely sounds like an issue only for you as I have not heard of it before.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

JROrtiz

I've only had my Surface Pro 3 for two weeks and have not had any of the issues you're describing. Then again, I use Chrome.

As far as the separate shipping, it's just one of those things where it comes from different fulfillment centers. Mine came in two shipments as well though I got the keyboard first with the SP3 two days later. No different that ordering multiple items from Amazon which can be received in multiole shipments.

NYCSurfaceUser

A friend recommended Avanst. I will check out Windows Defender (don't know about) this week. So many pop ups tonight that I switched to my iMac to check this site. Never heard of Metro IE either. How do you stay on top of this stuff? Thanks for the replies.

NYCSurfaceUser

JROrtiz, you didn't use IE at all? I prefer Firefox but it keeps asking me to install Flash on my favorite site.

CommonTek

Metro IE is the version of Internet Explorer that is accessed via the tile interface. It is different than the version accessed via the desktop. Honestly, your comment cracked me up about you like it except the operating system... That is the most important consideration. You may way to return it prior to the return window running out if you can. It is a great product but not necessarily for everyone. Do what you think is right for you, finding a comfortable fit for your needs is what really matters.

WolfJT

Please describe these "windows" that are popping up? What program are they coming from? The Surface doesn't come with crap wear,  so I can't imagine what pop ups you're talking about.